We look forward to the Oxford University Orchestra and Conductor, Jan Latham-Koenig, performing a selection of music to celebrate the works of Wagner.
The programme will include
- Overture to Die Meistersinger
- Prelude and Liebestod from Tristan and Isolde
- Preludes from Lohengrin and the Meistersinger von Nurnberg
- Siegfried’s funeral music
- Second movement of Bruckner’s 7th symphony which was written in memory of Wagner.
Jan Latham-Koenig is the Chief Conductor and Head of the Artistic Board of the Novaya Opera, Moscow. Jan is the first British born conductor to have ever held such a pivotal role at any Russian opera company. He also holds the position of Artistic Director of both the Orquesta Filarmónica de la UNAM, Mexico City and the Flanders Symphony Orchestra, Bruges.
Full price: £15
The performance is scheduled to last two hours. Latecomers are permitted at a suitable break between pieces. All ages are welcome.